Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Please Sign Petition to Help Save Lives of Little Innocent Ducks and Geese
1/5/2010 7:52:38 PM
Please Sign the Petition to stop Canadian Foie Gras,Cruelty, tortureand death to these innocent little ducks and geese. They do not deservesuch treatment. They give their lives for our pleasure. Foie Gras isthe liver of the goose or duck. They are forced fed to grow very largeand they get an oversized liver. This entire industry should be shutdown. I find the consumption of oversized livers sickening. Imagine thesuffering these poor little birds go through each day.We need to stop all of this.Please click on the link below to sign the petition.http://www.change.org/actions/view/canadian_foie_gras_the_dirty_little_secretThankyou so much dear friends.Love and big hugs.Barb :)
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Please Sign Petition to Help Save Lives of Little Innocent Ducks and Geese
1/5/2010 8:06:03 PM

Hi Barb,

Couldn't find the petition when I clicked the link. Is there something else I need to do to find the right petition?

Not only is this inhumane, turns out it could be dangerous to your health as well...

19 June 2007
Foie Gras Linked To Arthritis, Alzheimer’s

This week's edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences reports that foie gras prepared from goose or duck liver is linked to the mutated proteins that can cause rheumatoid arthritis, Alzheimer's disease and adult-onset diabetes.

Study author, the University of Tennessee's Alan Solomon, explained that such proteins form hair-like fibers, known as amyloids, which are deposited into vital organs like the heart, kidneys, liver, pancreas and brain. This process leads to organ failure and, eventually, death. The new research is the first to show that a food product can hasten amyloid development.

Foie gras is derived from the enlarged fatty livers of ducks and geese. Solomon found that commercially sold foie gras in the U.S. and France contained a type of amyloid called AA. Amyloid deposits are commonly found in waterfowl, but this condition is noticeably increased in force-fed birds. Worryingly, Solomon and his team concluded that this and perhaps other forms of amyloidosis might be transmissible, like "mad cow" and other related diseases.

"Our study looked at the existence of amyloid fibrils in foie gras and showed that it could accelerate the development of AA amyloidosis in susceptible mice. Perhaps people with a family history of Alzheimer's disease, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis or other amyloid-associated diseases should avoid consuming foie gras and other foods that may be contaminated with fibrils," said Solomon.

Source: University of Tennessee at Knoxville

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please let me know if there is another link I need to click.

Have A Blessed Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/16/2010 3:52:44 AM
Hi Phil. I sure took a long time to get back to you. I will try to find another link. That one is probably a dead link.

Love and big hugs.

Barb
+0
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/16/2010 3:57:35 AM
Hi Phil I found a petition for you to sign. click on this http://www.change.org/petitions/view/end_the_production_and_consumption_of_foie_gras

Poor little ducks and geese. It makes me cry to know how cruetly they are treated. I have almost quit eating all meat. I can't bear the thought of innocent little and big creatures going through so much hell.

Please let's all quit eating our friends.

Love and big hugs.

Barb :)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!