The 25 Deadly Sins For
Your Internet Marketing Website
© 2002 by Detlev Reimer
Visitor only for $0.01. Try our pay per click search engine.
The cheapest on the market.
Content Is KING!
If you create a website, be sure to have valuable content
can offer. Try to find facts which cannot be
else on the Internet. It can be a lot of hard work, but if
deliver unique content, you will certainly have visitors
Especially, having dozens of banners at your homepage should
be avoided. This is like to say to someone on the street :
me all your money". Your visitor has not intended to
your website to make you money but to find valuable
he can profit from.
Be Decent With Your Ads
Of course, this should not refrain you from making money
your website, but it has to be more decent than blinking
everywhere on your page. One banner, a sponsor, should be
enough for one page.
Once you have finished your pages and uploaded them to your
webspace, be sure to check everything online as well. Often,
the links work on your local computer but if you want to
it on the net, pages cannot be found, graphics are not
links lead to nowhere-land, forms do not work correctly etc.
Check Every Link Online
Most of the times this is due to the fact that links are
cally set to your local directories and not to your URL. So
sure, you test every link online as well, especially the
your linknames. This is a very common source for faults and
testing is something I would really recommend.
Test The Functionality Of Your Forms
If you have forms on your web site, test the functionality
your own contact information and e-mail address first.
is more annoying to your visitors than if they want to
you through the form you deliver and then nothing happens or
they get an errror messsage. This doesn't have to be that
25 Deadly Sins For Your Internet Marketing Website
01. Your page has so many advertisements on it that your
content is hidden
02. Background sound is played in a loop and cannot be
switched off and takes ages to load
03. Your visitors get confused by too many links on your
04. Incoming e-mails are answered after more than 3 days
05. Links cannot be recognized as being links
06. Letting the visitor guess what comes next if they click
a link (Text like: more or next page)
07. Hiding your links within the text so that they only can
found by placing the mouse over it ( it becomes a hand...)
08. Using more than 6 different colours for your basic
09. Visitors have to guess which submenu they are in
10. Many spelling errors in your body copy
11. Nothing for FREE on your site
12. Forced registration on your first page or no content
13. Your page takes 2 or 3 minutes to load ... most people
14. Using wrong fonts (fonts which are installed on YOUR
15. Showing the same picture but name them differently. By
doing this, it cannot be taken from your browser cache to
speed up the loading time of your page
16. No cross-browser test; your site looks excellent on the
Internet Explorer but...
17. Scaling your graphics only by width and height
of your HTML-code instead of making your graphics
18. Headlines as gifs instead of text; search engines will
them and your loading time will increase
19. Using dozens of blinking elements and marquee-fonts on
20. No unique content, just rehashed material from other
21 "Ugly" pages; colours which don't fit together,
which make your text very hard to read
22. Pages which have no "exit", no links which
lead you back
to your starting page
23. Choosing a hard to remember name for your website, you
want to be found, don't you ?
24. Wrong prices for your articles
25. Choosing slow ISP's
+ Forgetting to have fun! Don't take everything too serious
Feel free to use the article with this resource box
Detlev Reimer is the publisher of the 1A IMS-Newsletter
gives you tips and tricks on organizing your marketing data,
site and ezine promotion and testing and tracking ads.
to his free newsletter and get 3 free gifts for subscribing
or sign up at http://www.internetmarketing-success.com/