Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: In Remembrance Of Holy Week
3/31/2010 1:25:28 AM

Hi Sara,

Thanks my Friend. It means so much that you stopped by to visit when you've got your own Tread to care for as well. Bless You my Friend for your kind comments and your continued support.

"Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." 1 Peter 1:8
May Your Heart Be Filled With His Peace & Glorious Joy At Easter and Throughout The Year,
Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/31/2010 1:35:54 AM

Hello LaNell,

Thanks so much my Dear Friend for stopping by with your Kind Words and Beautiful Graphics. Your Friendship continues to be one of my Greatest Blessings.

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

He is Alive the proof is here in all the living things in every bud and blade of green, in every bird that sings. He is Alive we see His touch in springtime's bright array, and best of all He is alive within our hearts today.
Have A Blessed Easter,
Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/31/2010 1:57:23 AM

Hello My Dear Friends,

On this Tuesday of Holy Week, the Old Testament Lesson is found in the Book of Isaiah, the 49th Chapter, Verses 1 through 7...

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name. And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me; And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified. Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God. And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength. And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth. Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.

The Gospel for this Tuesday of Holy Week is to be found in the Gospel according to St.John, Chapter 2, Verses 20 through 36...

And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast: The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus. Philip cometh and telleth Andrew: and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus. And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour. Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him. Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. This he said, signifying what death he should die. The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man? Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth. While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.
Lord Jesus, you have called us to follow you. Grant that our love may not grow cold in your service, and that we may not fail or deny you in the time of trial, for you live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen

For You at Easter
May the peace of God live in your heart forever as we celebrate Christ's resurrection.
Have A Blessed & Beautiful Easter My Friends,
Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/31/2010 8:52:12 PM

Hello My Dear Friends,

We are now at the middle of Holy Week. Jesus points out His Betrayer to the Disciples.

On this Wednesday of Holy Week, the Old Testament Lesson is to be found in the Book of Isaiah, Chapter 50, Verses 4 through 9...

The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned. The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back. I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting. For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me. Behold, the Lord GOD will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up.

The Gospel of our Lord for this day is found in the Book of John, the 13th Chapter, and Verses 21 through 32...

When Jesus had thus said, He was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me. Then the disciples looked one on another, doubting of whom He spake. Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus loved. Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom He spake. He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it? Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when He had dipped the sop, He gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon. And after the sop, Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly. Now no man at the table knew for what intent He spake this unto him. For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor. He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night. Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.

Almighty God, Your Son ,our Savior, suffered at human hands and endured the shame of the cross. Grant that we may walk in the way of His cross and find it the way of life and peace, through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

God Bless My Dear Friends.

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/31/2010 9:00:42 PM

My Dear Friends,

I hope that you'll enjoy this Little Special Story her at Easter. If you'll Click on the Pretty Green Pine Trees just below, I would like to share with you

The Story Of The Pine Tree Crosses

May His Peace Be In Your Hearts This Easter,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!