Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: God does not throw us away just because we are not perfect
4/21/2008 10:06:30 AM

There is no such thing as a "not perfect" person. Stand in front of the mirror and look at yourself, did you see anybody out there in the world that look just like you in every minute detail, talk like you, walk like you,  NO - NONE - NOT AT ALL. Well, that means you are perfect as there are nobody else out there that you have to compare yourself with as you are one of a kind and so, also, you are perfect and very, very unique.

I was born with an open palate and I was made belief, by other kids, that I was stupid and not perfect, because I could not talk in the first two years at school. At high school, I was told to leave from a play that I was supposed to act in , because I am not good.

Talk - I am now fluent in three languages, read and write.

Stupid - I am an qualified Mechanical Engineer as well as an Electronic Engineer.

Acting - I performed on stage in front of 600 to a 1,000 people, once a month for more than a year in various plays and even had leading roles

Other people can't tell you that you are not perfect, how will they know if they don't even know if they are perfect to your standards. God created us just as he wants us to be, UNIQUE AND PERFECT.

My blind cousin used to tell me that he is perfect and even teased me because I could not read at night when the lights is out, but he could.

My very, very short friend can cook a meal that is such pleasure to consume that after wards he does not look so very short anymore. The gift he have make him as big as Goliath. 

Please be kind to yourself, as God does not create rubbish but only unique beautiful people like yourself. A defect is only a defect in your eyes or in the eyes of those that does not know anything for it is not a defect for God

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: God does not throw us away just because we are not perfect
4/21/2008 10:43:07 AM
A Matter of attitude, as you study the biblical concepts of submission, one of the most important things to learn is that God wants us to have a submissive attitude. He does not want us to submit with resentment, resignation, or bitterness. He wants it to come from the heart because of our trust in him, because of our confidence that he honors submission. Another thing is that Submissiveness was an attitude found in Jesus my Rabbi, if you read Philippians 2:5-9, And see how we see Jesus in this Attitude? Also in 1 Peter 2:13-21 (nt particularly the first part of v.13, the first part of v.18, and v.21). Once we realize that Jesus Christ was a PERFECT model of submissiveness, we realize that submisiveness does not mean certain things. It does not mean: Lack of conviction, silence, violating your conciance, weakness, and inferiority. Instead submiisiveness, as we see it in Jesus, does mean: surrender of self-interest, yielding of personal rights in order to benifit others, and trusting God. Some people think to submit means to do nothing, but we see Jesus' life that submission meant trusting God and hat is HARDLY "nothing." To those who dont know i was born handicapped, my nerve endings in my legs dont all connect well and so i was also rediculed, beat up and spitted upon through grade school years until i became another person in which i did not like for many years. A Disciple of Jesus taught me these things i write in my forums and other places about 9 years ago. God_bless you. Keep that Faith my friends, Thomas.
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: MIKE BUMBALOUGH's DAILY INSPIRATIONS and BLESSINGS.
6/12/2008 6:41:50 PM
Hello to you all.
Thank you for supporting The Woods Forum-JerkyHill.
You are tirelessly faithful to causes to which you are committed. I hope you will find inspiration from this article from Tom
Moore, Temple, TX.

By 1989, baseball player Nolan Ryan reached an incredible 5,000 strikeouts, and all
those no hitters. Ryan is a phenomenal baseball player.

In his rookie year, 18 years earlier, Gil Hodges was the manager of the
Mets, and
was impatient with Ryan. Although Ryan could consistently throw the ball over ninety
miles an hour, most of the time it didn't go over the plate. He was walking
everybody, hitting a lot of people, too. Hodges told Ryan at the beginning of a particular
game that he was to pitch better in that game or he would pull him out and trade him.
He would be finished.

Ryan went into that game trying to do his best, determined that he was going to
succeed. He was miserable. He walked something like seven or eight batters in four
innings. Hodges took him out. Later that season he was traded to the Angels.

After the game Richard Reeves went down into the locker room to
interview the
players. He noticed Nolan Ryan was apart from the others, looking into a mirror, obviously
having difficulty tying his
tie. Reeves got closer to him and noticed that there
were tears in his eyes. He was crying. He couldn't see to tie his tie because of the
tears.

Reeves remembered that incident on the occasion of celebrating Nolan Ryan as one of
the immortals of
baseball. He remembered that this legendary man, Nolan Ryan, BEGAN
his long string of success thinking he had failed. But he kept on
working. He kept
on practicing. He kept on doing his
job.

In like manner, a Christian’s life will be filled with failures and
disappointments. Many Christians have “thrown up their hands” in disgust and have quit the
Christian race – thinking they have failed. But
friends, we must be persistent!
“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the
work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord”
[1 Cor. 15:58]. When failure and disappointments come our way, we need to remember
the words of our Lord’s brother, “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall
into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting
nothing” (Jam. 1:2-4).

Beloved don’t give – don’t ever give up. Remember, the word of the apostle
Paul, “I can do all things through
Christ which strengtheneth me” (Phil. 4:13).
“For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have
fought a good fight, I have finished my
course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth
there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous
judge,
shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that
love his
appearing” [2 Tim. 4:6-8].

Make a wonderful day,
Mike

You can view Mike's Daily Blessings at... http://www.TheWoods.phpbbnow.com

Please invite Mike Into Your Friends List here.. http://community.adlandpro.com/go/papaof7/ 

Join Mikes Great Jerky Team Here.. http://JerkyTrail.com

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: MIKE BUMBALOUGH's DAILY INSPIRATIONS and BLESSINGS.
11/5/2008 3:22:16 PM
Hello Friends
It has been awhile and I hope all are doing well and that you still cling to great hope in this life and in the hereafter. Alan Smith shared the following story with me and I want to share it with you because each and every one of you are so very special to God. ~Mike

NAMING THE SHEEP

The following story comes from Julie Helms in Christian Reader, "Lite Fare":

My husband and I, with our two daughters, operate a small sheep farm. One day a non-farming friend asked, "How can you bear to slaughter those cute little lambs?"

My husband explained, "We don't want to get emotionally attached to the ones we plan to eat, so we don't give them names."

Not satisfied, the friend probed, "What about your kids?"

Her husband quickly replied, "Oh, we name them!"

While very few of us are personally familiar with sheep and shepherds, the
relationship between the two is one of the most powerful images in the Bible used to describe the relationship between Christ and his followers. The loving care shown by shepherds to their flock, and the willingness of sheep to utterly depend on what the shepherd can provide offer a glimpse of our personal relationship
with the good shepherd. While it may seem to be a small thing, our name plays a significant role in that relationship.

"He who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out." (John 10:2-3)

"He calls his own sheep by name." Though there are many
disciples of Christ
around the world, we are not just "one of the masses", not just a number. We are intimately known and loved by the good shepherd. He knows us by name. It tells us not only that he cares about us, but that he plans for his relationship with us to be a lasting one.

May the fact that your shepherd knows your name give you comfort this day.

Have a great day!

You can view Mike's Daily Blessings at... http://www.TheWoods.phpbbnow.com

Please invite Mike Into Your Friends List here.. http://community.adlandpro.com/go/papaof7/ 

Join Mikes Great Jerky Team Here.. http://JerkyTrail.com

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: BLESSINGS FROM MIKE BUMBALOUGH~A DEAR FRIEND.
9/12/2010 8:20:53 PM

From Making Ripples

Discovering God's plan for our lives is less about "finding God's will" than it is about following his voice. Often we want to know the blueprint—the details of our destiny. While God does reveal his overall plan for us through his Word, I've discovered that, if we'll listen, God also will lead us every day. He prompts us to do good things, kind things, right things, honest things, courageous things at every turn.
by Mike Breaux - Zondervan, Everday

This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
May each of us put aside whatever may hinder us as we go about the Lord's Day with worship in our hearts and offered humbly to HIM!

Make a Blessed Day,
Mike Bumbalough
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!