Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Raving Madman or ?
5/23/2007 4:34:45 AM

Hi Dave

I have been receiving your post and I have come and read/listened to what everyone here has to say.  I've not commented, but thought I would throw my two cents in now.

I agree with everything you say. But I will say, when I became a member, This is pretty much the way I was invited to be alot of people's friend. And so, I felt hey, this is the way it's done, ok.  I started inviting a few and inviting them to look at my business. After a week of this, it just didn't sound too much like a friend invite as it did a business invite.

I've learned alot from my Adland friends here, you and alot of others, so I try to frequent your forums, because your never too old learn, and never gonna learn, if you don't paticipate.

So thanks for you, Kenneth Sword, and a few others, you have a great deal of knowledge and I appreciate you sharing with all your friends here.

Now, anyone wanta be friends.........

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/23/2007 4:40:08 AM
Hi James,

A spammer is a spammer is a spammer.  If someone spams my forum and I get there quick enough to delete it before someone who is actually interested in my forum posts, I delete it and they get a one-word reason:  "spam"

The funny thing is, so far, none of them have offered any kind of protest, or, for that matter, any kind of response, at all.  It just goes to show what kind of marketers they really are.  They just want to take as much money from others as they possibly can while remaining as anonymous as they possibly can.

I just had a post in another forum where someone replied in less than 15 very small print words and then took up nearly the whole page with their Large colourful print AND pictures advertising something that has zip to do with the thread and zip that's of any interest to me at all.  He had the unmitigated gall to sign the tiny little reply with "your friend."  I guess the full page, colourful, large-print-with-pictures ad after that was his lame excuse for a sig file (didn't fool me - Adland NEVER has allowed a sig file that big, nor would any sane marketer use one that big.)

It's sad.  I thought the man was a pro, but he has shown himself to be a rank amateur.  Oh, well...

God bless,

Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/23/2007 4:43:27 AM
Hi Bj,

Anyone should be honoured to be your friend.  You are one of the gems of this community.

Thank you for your words of support.  It makes this all worth it!

God bless,

Dave

+0