Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: What Would You Do If Money Were No Object?
2/14/2008 6:49:15 PM
Martha, Nothing at all wrong with practical things! Me, too. And look at all the people to whom you would provide jobs! Years ago, Barbara Streisand starred in a movie version of Hello! Dolly. One of the charming scenes was of this extravagant lady (a matchmaker who had set her intention on capturing one of her clients for herself) explaining to the rather miserly client that when he spent money it went trickling through the economy and made the whole thing better. I like to think that the non-practical things I'd like to spend some money on for myself nevertheless have a practical aspect when I think of the rise in the economy it represents, lol. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/14/2008 6:50:11 PM
Thanks, Nick. Every day is a happy day for me. And purple is one of my favorite colors, so thanks for the pretty picture. C
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/14/2008 6:53:44 PM
Kathleen, A second home in a warmer climate is one of my favorite dreams, too. Now it's a goal rather than a dream, because I can really see it happening within the next year or so. You mention money in the same sentence as problems. To me, money is simply energy. You can drain it away or you can generate it. Depends on your world view. If you believe you can generate enough of it to meet all your needs and then some, you absolutely can. If you can't believe that, the opposite is probably true. A goal of this exercise is to foster belief. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/14/2008 9:11:51 PM
Sorry, Jen! I was just about to answer your post when my sweetheart appeared all decked out in a suit to take me out to dinner for Valentine's Day! I'd lose the body/face transplant if I were you. You have a very nice face just as it is, and if you changed it, how would your family know you? Wow, sounds like you want to establish a whole village! How much family do you have who are still in South Africa? And to pay off all the family debt--admirable dream! You know, one of my goals had been to present any of my kids who are interested with a full tuition package to the real estate investment education that we have enjoyed. Interestingly enough, my son--the middle child--told me he thought it would be more beneficial if they earned the money to pay for the tuition themselves. Seems I've managed to teach at least one of my kids that we value most what we work for. Still, I'd love to be able to give each of them a hand up. I guess maybe I'd feel it in some way would make up for what we couldn't give them when they were growing up. Cheri
+0