Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: It's No Secret
9/7/2011 2:32:39 AM
Hello Roger,
I thoroughly enjoyed listening to you sing this song. Thanks for sharing

Amanda

Quote:
Hi Phil,
I just recorded this.
Christmas approaches and we need to remember.
I thought that you my enjoy my early present to you.

Mary's Boy Child

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b97b531c2

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/7/2011 7:55:25 PM

Hi Friends,

Just wanted to stop in to say Thanks to Roger and to Amanda for stopping by for a Visit. I also appreciate you for sharing the Beautiful Christmas Song with us Roger. That's one that I had never heard.

Here's Christy Lane singing another Non-Traditional Christmas Song that I've always liked, the Man From Galilee.

Have A Bright & Beautiful Wednesday My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/6/2011 9:06:11 PM

Hello My Friends,

Just wanted to stop by and share this with you all. It's a little something that I received from my Friends over at Deer Lake.

What's On The Other Side

A very sick man turned to his doctor, as he was preparing to leave the examination room and said, "Doctor, I am afraid to die. Will You tell me what lies on the other side."

Very quietly, the doctor said, " I don't know."

"You don't know? How is it that You, a Christian man, do not know what is on the other side?"

The doctor was holding the handle of the door; on the other side of which came a sound of scratching and whining, and as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room and leaped on him with an eager show of gladness.

Turning to the patient, the doctor said, " Did you notice my dog?
He's never been in this room before. He didn't know what was inside. He knew nothing except that his master was here, and yet, when the door opened, he sprang in without fear.

I know little of what is on the other side of death, but I do know one thing...

I know my Master is there and that is enough."

While we're thinking about this, here's a favorite song of mine, written and performed by a wonderfully talented Singer named Jimmy Fortune, who toured, sang, and performed with the legendary Statler Brothers for 21 years. Jimmy first performed with the Statlers on January 28, 1982, in Savannah, Georgia, and then a few months later, following the retirement of Lew DeWitt due to the debilitating effects of Crohn's Disease, Jimmy was hired as a permanent replacement in August of 1982. After the Statler Brothers retired on October 26, 2002, Jimmy launched a solo career with his first solo CD, "When One Door Closes", released in August 2003 and then followed that up with a Gospel Album, "I Believe", in June 2005. Here's the song from the Album by Jimmy that I hoped you might like, "On The Other Side".

Also, since I can never hear quite enough about Him, here's Vince Gill with "Tell Me One More Time About Jesus".

Have A Bright & Blessed Evening My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2011 2:53:20 AM
Hi Phil,
That is really very interesting.. I hadn't heard that before ! My husband and I have sung that song a lot..take care !
Carla
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2011 4:11:32 PM
Quote:

Hello My Friends,

Just wanted to stop by and share this with you all. It's a little something that I received from my Friends over at Deer Lake.

What's On The Other Side

A very sick man turned to his doctor, as he was preparing to leave the examination room and said, "Doctor, I am afraid to die. Will You tell me what lies on the other side."

Very quietly, the doctor said, " I don't know."

"You don't know? How is it that You, a Christian man, do not know what is on the other side?"

The doctor was holding the handle of the door; on the other side of which came a sound of scratching and whining, and as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room and leaped on him with an eager show of gladness.

Turning to the patient, the doctor said, " Did you notice my dog?
He's never been in this room before. He didn't know what was inside. He knew nothing except that his master was here, and yet, when the door opened, he sprang in without fear.

I know little of what is on the other side of death, but I do know one thing...

I know my Master is there and that is enough."

While we're thinking about this, here's a favorite song of mine, written and performed by a wonderfully talented Singer named Jimmy Fortune, who toured, sang, and performed with the legendary Statler Brothers for 21 years. Jimmy first performed with the Statlers on January 28, 1982, in Savannah, Georgia, and then a few months later, following the retirement of Lew DeWitt due to the debilitating effects of Crohn's Disease, Jimmy was hired as a permanent replacement in August of 1982. After the Statler Brothers retired on October 26, 2002, Jimmy launched a solo career with his first solo CD, "When One Door Closes", released in August 2003 and then followed that up with a Gospel Album, "I Believe", in June 2005. Here's the song from the Album by Jimmy that I hoped you might like, "On The Other Side".

Also, since I can never hear quite enough about Him, here's Vince Gill with "Tell Me One More Time About Jesus".

Have A Bright & Blessed Evening My Friends,

Phil

Wonderful Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!