Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: It's No Secret
10/16/2011 2:41:27 AM

Hello My Friends,

Hi Carla, it's so good to see you active again here at ALP. You've been away too long and we've missed you. Thanks Roger, you're always here with support and many kind words. I hope that you both know how much I appreciate you for stopping by and how much your Friendship means to me.

As I say in my Signature line, God gives each of us a gift of 86,400 seconds today and every day that we awaken to a new Sunrise. I would hope that we could all pause for just a quiet moment alone with our Lord, and say to Him, Thank You God.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giving Me This Day

I may never see tomorrow;
There's no written guarantee,
And things that happened yesterday belong to history.

I cannot predict the future,
I cannot change the past,
I have just the present moment,
I must treat it as my last.

I must use this moment wisely for it soon will pass away,
and be lost to me forever as part of yesterday.

I must exercise compassion,
Help the fallen to their feet,
Be a friend unto the friendless,
Make an empty life complete.

The unkind things I do today may never be undone,
And friendships that I fail to win may nevermore be won.

I may not have another chance on bended knee to pray,
And thank God with humble heart for giving me this day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As this young lady expresses so beautifully, we should always be ever thoughtful and always thankful to our Lord for all that He has given us. Here's the Angelic voice of 8 year old Gospel Singer, Rhema Marvanne , as she sings I Thank God. May her voice be a blesssing to you this Evening and may His Peace be with you all.

Have A Blessed Sunday My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/8/2011 6:54:20 AM
Hi Phil,

This thread is very good. Thank you for being a witness and encouragement to others to follow our Lord Jesus Christ. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you.

Have a blessed week Phil!

Cheryl
http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/8/2011 11:28:22 PM

Thanks Cheryl,

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit and I do appreciate all of your words of support. Friends such as yourself are truly a Blessing in my Life and with that continuing Friendship and the wonderful love of Jesus in my heart, hopefully I will be able to continue to share the Good News and Witness for our Lord for many years to come.

I'm glad that this Forum Thread speaks to your heart and I pray that it brings happiness during your time here at Adland. I'm afraid that I've neglected all of my Forum Threads during the past month, but as you know, I'm commited to stopping the slaughter of the Innocent Babies whenever possible, especially these days, with the Butcher loose in the White House.

As of November 6th, the latest 40 Days for Life Fall Campaign wrapped up and since God has blessed me with a little more of my health these days, I was able to particpate more freely this time. During this campaign, in addition to Winston Salem, NC, and Charlotte, NC, I was able to spend several days at the Abortion Clinics over in Raleigh, NC, and down in Fayetteville, NC. Although the numbers are not fully in yet, I understand that at least 508 Babies were saved throughout the country during the campaign. Thank You Jesus.

Cheryl, you speak about my being a witness for our Lord. I just wish that there were more that I could do, and I still ask His forgiveness daily for having wasted so many years of my life seeking money and personal praise, instead of working to Glorify the Lord and bringing more people back home to Him where they belong. I was reminded again of this just this past week, while I was watching the Billy Graham Homecoming Special on the Gaither Music Hour on the INSP Network.

George Beverly Shea was on the show and chatted with Bill Gaither about the origin of the wonderful Hymn, I’d Rather Have Jesus. This hymn was originally a Poem, written by Rhea F. Miller, and then later the tune for it was written by Shea. According to George, this poem, written in 1922, was left on a piano in the Shea home by his Mother, Bev Shea who wanted her son, a young man of 23, to find it and change the course of his life.

The words, I’d Rather Have Jesus, moved George so much and spoke to him about his own aims and ambitions in life, that he sat down at the piano and began singing them with a tune that seemed to fit the words. Shea’s mom heard him singing it and asked him to sing it at church the next day.

George’s life direction did change. He was offered a popular music career with NBC, however, a few years later chose to become associated with evangelist Billy Graham and has sang this, and countless other beautiful hymns, all around the world.

I’d Rather Have Jesus – The Lyrics

I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
I’d rather be His than have riches untold;
I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands,
I’d rather be led by His nail pierced hand.

Than to be a king of a vast domain
Or be held in sin’s dread sway,
I’d rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.

I’d rather have Jesus than men’s applause;
I’d rather be faithful to His dear cause;
I’d rather have Jesus than world-wide fame,
I’d rather be true to His holy name.

He’s fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
He’s sweeter than honey from out of the comb;
He’s all that my hungering spirit needs,
I’d rather have Jesus and let Him lead.

While no one can match the booming Baritone voice of George Beverly Shea, here's one of my favorite versions of I'd Rather Have Jesus, sung by Sheri Easter and Ann Downing, once again from the Gaither Gospel Hour.

Once again, thanks Cheryl for stopping by and for all of your wonderful comments. Since we both know that we can accomplish nothing on our own without the Lord, I know that you'll join with me in thanking Him for giving us His Sweet Holy Spirit.

May The Lord Bless & Keep You My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/15/2011 6:53:56 PM

Hello My Friends,

Just thought that you all might enjoy this...

It makes the wounded spirit whole,
And calms the troubled breast;
‘Tis manna to the hungry soul,
And it gives the weary rest.

Dear Name! the Rock on which I build
My Shield and Hiding-place;
My never-failing Treasury filled
With boundless stores of Thy grace.

By Thee my prayers acceptance gain,
Although with sin defiled;
Satan accuses me in vain,
And I am owned a child.

Jesus! my Shepherd, Husband, Friend,
My Prophet, Priest, and King;
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,
Accept the praise I bring.

Weak is the effort of my heart,
And cold my warmest thought;
But when I see Thee as Thou art,
I’ll praise Thee as I ought.

Till then I would Thy love proclaim
With every fleeting breath;
And may the music of Thy Name
Refresh my soul in death!

~Unknown~

Hope you all will also enjoy listening to The Isaacs with

Jesus - There's Just Something About That Name

May God Bless & Keep You All My Friends,

Phil

+0
11/15/2011 7:04:20 PM

Beautiful song Phil, thanks for sharing. I will be back a little later and post some more. I am only about a month behind, what with moving. :) I have certainly missed everyone and missed being here. Glad to hear your health is better.

Quote:

Hello My Friends

Just thought that you all might enjoy this...

It makes the wounded spirit whole,
And calms the troubled breast;
‘Tis manna to the hungry soul,
And it gives the weary rest.

Dear Name! the Rock on which I build
My Shield and Hiding-place;
My never-failing Treasury filled
With boundless stores of Thy grace.

By Thee my prayers acceptance gain,
Although with sin defiled;
Satan accuses me in vain,
And I am owned a child.