Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: HOW TO NETWORK MARKET THE CORRECT WAY
10/30/2007 6:22:44 AM

Hi Andrew,  I want to share an incident which enforces your statement.

On the day that pop ups appeared here in Adlandpro, I put up a forum asking the benefits of such a tool and how people were coping with it.  A  person discovered that it was  getting lots of hits continually and thus when ever she posted she was seen on the pop ups. Day after day she posted somewhat the same statements just for the purpose of being seen.

I sent an e-mail to her and told her that if she wanted to continue the practice that was ok but did she really want people to see her in that way.  She stopped.

Today, I recognize the profile, not the name.  I remember her behavior  NOT what business she was promoting. If it is a quality business who knows as the behavior overshadowed it.

The moral is if you are selling yourself what do you want people to remember about you and how you conduct yourself?

+0
Kevin Doolittle

572 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/30/2007 11:31:16 AM

Hi Mary,

I don't send ads to anyone from the "Send me a message box." That should  be reserved for personal correspondence. I believe that's completely different from the Adlander only "Direct Contact" tool I am referring to.

Each person has the right to block anything they want here. Dropping out of forums, deleting emails etc., are all necessary to keep the influx of information manageable (I don't mean spam, of course). No one should take that personally.

I enjoy hearing from folks on my friends list as I have discovered important resoures and opprtunities through them. I look at every message and respond accordingly. I may have even used one or two of your suggestions. ;) I use a few surf exchange systems and I prefer to join programs I know that will benefit those who are on my friends list rather than someone of whom I have not made aquaintance. I know from correspondance if a member has that oppotunity and I choose them first rather than join from the general ad on the net.

We all use forums to advertise. That has become accepted practice and has been around since the old BBS text only systems from the 70's and 80's. This posting is a good example of what  "forum" means in the strict sense. But the AdlandPro is also a safe list where everyone knows that they will be receiving ads on a regular basis.

That's what the Direct Contact is for. That's what we pay monthly to use it for. I hope that's not what you are reffering to.

I think I'm rambling. I'll stop now. LOL

Blessings!

Kevin

"Helping others, to help others"

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/30/2007 1:43:08 PM
Hey Kevin, Boy I misunderstood, mis-read, or my brain went for a walk. Of course you use the direct contact, I think of it as the Adlander service, to advertise. That is it intention: announcements of any kind! Sorry, and we both gave our fingers a lot of exercise on that one didn't we?
+0
Kevin Doolittle

572 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/30/2007 2:30:29 PM

Hi Mary,

Sometimes I get carried away. I don't stop often to ramble so I don't mind. I think this community is the best. If we all are considerate and professional this place is a virtual fountain of resource and personal satisfaction. Thanks for your interest.

Blessings!

Kevin

"Helping others, to help others"

+0
Collette Johnson

45 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/31/2007 3:33:43 PM

Thanks to all of you for posting. This is exactly why I started this forum.

Everyone has some really great points. Yes Mary, I do agree that you must NEVER send ads to the SEND ME A MESSAGE unless that person has contacted you and expressly requested that information.

I would suggest that anyone who wishes to email their FRIENDS here with any Ads or opps should upgrade to Adlander, you can then send to ONLY YOUR NETWORK and only once per week.

I dont always send something once per week as I dont always have something useful to send. I sometimes will send free stuff, giveaway notices etc. Other times, if I Have something I feel my friends can use, I will send an ad about a service, opp or product.

I agree with Kevin that most people need to see an ad more than once before they purchase. I use Safelists, free ads and the impression ads etc I get here and on my other networking sites to this. That way I am not harassing my fellow networkers with the same email content each week.

Yes Andrew ther eare many great books out there about networking but I would suggest that after reading any book, that you get with someone that has been in the networking arena for sometime and also pick their brains. I offer to help anyone who asks, as I enjoy helping others succeed. No matter if it is with one of my businesses or one they have chosen for themselves.

Please keep posting here! I am waiting on some newbies to post some questions we can all answer as well!

Much Success to you all!

Collette

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!