4- Old tricks don't work/won't work anymore.They're talking to each other before talking to the brand
Just sending them with attractive promotional messages, e-mails, newsletters are not going to work well when compared to past gone days. Rather than getting attracted to firm communication people are going to believe their peer groups. They first communicate with their peer group and then with the brand. So social networking is going to be a key marketing tactics to be used or to be considered by marketers.
5 - Market space goes more online
The online market place tends to grow than before. People find better deals online. It's time for organizations to think about proper online marketing strategies. What are the important stuffs a firm needs to consider in the online market place?
- Facebook will replace the personal e-mail - it has been now used widely and had become a verb as well. Like people say "I Googled" now they tend to say "I Facebooked".
- Fewer registrations for web sites. Because of larger number of players in the competitive online market place, people find it difficult to remember their password and other information. So Facebook Connect and OpenID becoming popular where people use to register or signup for sites with one username and password.
- Disruption vs. Continuity - The social networking is continuing to grow faster and companies are investing and starting up online communities to build their business and market their product.
- PPC might phase-out and SEO will play a role. Because of recession, companies try to reduce spending on Google and concentrate their effort on search engine optimization. But still social network advertising might grow.
- Analytics is the best way to track your visitor behavior and site activities.